|Sara Lahaie is the sole Canadian artist of Reborn Dolls by Sara. She started reborning in October 2019, and started making her dolls available for adoption in January of 2020. She is unique as a Canadian artist as she uses non-toxic air dry RebornFX acrylic paints, instead of the widely accepted and taught Genesis Heat Set Paints. Sara likes to partner with other small-business women to source her inventory, and only uses premium materials in her dolls such as Polyfil, and premium glass beads. |
Sara has obtained her seal from the world renowned "Reborn A to Z" course, by master doll artist Shaylen Maxwell of Reborn Sweet. Sara has also completed the following tutorials:
- "Blond 3D Hair Painting" by Christine Woolley of Silver Lining Art Dolls
- "How to Draw Whispy Reborn Baby Hair" by Kim Yerino from Custom Doll Baby
- "Pan Pastel Hair Shading" and "RebornFX Air Dry Beginner Tutorial" by Shelley Marie: resident artist of MacPherson Arts & Crafts
- "Painting Hair and Eyebrows" by LaDonna Briggs of Sweet Potato Pie Nursery
- "REAL Reborn Beginner Basics" and "REAL Reborn Basics of Rooting" by Lara Antonucci of Angels in Waiting Nursery.
Non-smoking, dog friendly home.