Sami Jo |
sculpted by Marita Winters
weighs – 4 lbs. 14 oz.
1. painted with Genesis Heat-set paints- sealed with a matte/satin finish which gives the vinyl a soft texture and keeps the doll from looking “shiny”. This doll has many applied skin tones with mottling layers, veining, blushing and shading. This doll also has capillaries on her/his eyelids and on and around the ears.
2. lips, fingernails, corners of eyes, and toe nails are glossed to give them a slight shimmer. The inside of the nose and deep within the ears also has a “moist look” applied.
3. I use fine glass beads placed within the center of the doll’s doe suede body as well as in the limbs. I use new, poly- fill in the top of the limbs and within the body. The limbs are sealed.
4. The pacifier has a strong magnet behind soft felt- and the specific binkie will go home with the doll depending on the gender choice.
5. the inside of her/his nose is painted
6. She/he has rooted eyelashes - I left them long.
7. Her/his head is weighted to have that “newborn forward tilt” when picked up
8. Her/His hair is painted – very dark brunette, not quite black
9. I hand stitch close the openings for the zip-ties and the “heads”
10. This doll comes with a NON-gender, the front belly plate. It does not attach – it sits on top of the fabric belly. It photographs well, however, most folks remove it so that they can have a more cuddly baby doll.
11. This doll has a COA from Marita Winters
Layette – Sami Jo will go home with all the items picture with her/him in the pics. Remember- this is your choice. I think the doll is precious either way! The blanket that goes home with "girl" Sami Jo is a unwashed, rag quilt I made. I also made the grey blanket that will go home with Sami Jo as a boy. The knitted girl's outfit was knitted by a friend- it is a one-of-a-kind hand-made outfit.
Artist: Kimberly Hedgecock|
Sculpture by: Marita Winters
Kit Name: Sami Jo
Length: 20" (50.8 cm)
Head Material: Vinyl
Body Material: Cloth
Limb Material: Vinyl
Gender: Your Choice
Torso/Plate: Full Front Plate - Non Gendered
Arms: Full Length
Legs: Full Length
Paint: Genesis Heat Set Paint (GHSP)
Weighting: Fine Glass Beads
Skin Color: Fair
Race: White / Caucasian
Pacifier Type: Magnetic Pacifier
Certificate Of Authenticity (COA): Yes
If you have any questions - just click on the "Ask a Question" and I will get back to you
SHIPPING - I ship USPS - 1-3 Priority Mail, SIGNATURE required
***This doll is not a toy but instead, a one-of-a-kind quality keepsake. Reborn dolls are not intended to be toys and care should be taken with them just as you would with any other delicate keepsake. ***
Layaway Is Not Available
(approx. 425 USD) Doll is ready to be shipped
Ask a Question Add to Favorites (14) Report Listing